Morrison and Eppinette, Historical Ouachita County, p. 16

Town Structures


Click for larger view

The third of Ouachita County's four courthouses stood from 1889 to 1931. It was destroyed by a tornado on December 13, 1931.

Photograph Courtesy of Imogene Beard


Click for larger view

The Ouachita Valley Bank building was located on the southwest corner of Washington and Adams streets in the early 1900's.

Photograph Courtesy of Imogene Beard


Click for larger view

The Chidester Livery Stable was located on Jefferson Street at the presont site of the First National Bank. A turn-of-the-century funeral procession is being directed by Frank Chidester (center).

Photograph Courtesy of the Ouachita County Historical Society


Click for larger view

The McCullough Livery Stable was located near the corner of Jefferson and Madison streets in Camden in the 1920's. The people pictured are (left to right) George Russell, Web Ashley, Bud Wallace, Frank Cooper, Dick McCullough, and Will Rice.

Photgraph Courtesy of Samuel G. Cooper


Click for larger view

A 1920's view of Camden High School includes a classic automobile.

Photograph Courtesy of J.R. Reeves, Jr.


Click for larger view

Outlying communities required the services of country stores. The Gammill Store was located near Millville, Arkansas, in the early 1900's.

Photograph Courtesy of Benny Byers


Click for larger view

Tom D. Thomson's store was founded at Seminary, Arkansas, near Stephens before the Civil War. The photograph is from a tintype taken in 1856 or 1857.

Photograph Courtesy of Betty Lu Gaughan Rogers


 

 

 

 

Contents

 

 Morrison/Eppinette Book

 

 Next