PURPOSE OF THIS STUDY
The purpose of this study is to present a history of the development
and decline of certain types of Negro public school administrations in Columbia
County, Arkansas from 1900 to 1948.
More specifically, the study attempts to answer the following questions:
- 1. Were there any particular trends of events that conditioned the
development of this system
- of administration?
- 2. What was the relationship between the use of Negro administrators
and the concentration
- of Negro population in the County?
- 3. Where the duties performed of a similar nature as the duties performed
by other administrators?
- 4. What physical factors, if any, influenced the development and decline
of this particular type
- of school system?
. . .