Related Internet Sites to Battle of
Summaries of the Red River Campaign and Camden Expedition
- Provides brief accounts of each of the battles of these episodes.
- The Civil War in Arkansas
- This comprehensive Internet site is the work of the Civil War Round
Table of Arkansas. It has a searchable database prepared by the Arkansas
Historic Preservation Program that lists all military actions in the state
by date and location. iIt provides accounts of all major battles and guides
to their respective historic parks, including the battle at Marks
Mills and Jenkins' Ferry, for which there is a state parkl. It has
a bibliography of the principal books on the war and battles in Arkansas,
a listing of various groups interested in preserving Civil War history,
and links to other relevant Internet sites.
Map of Civil War Battles
- A map of the state with the principal Civil War battles marked. It
has links to short descriptions of each battle.
- The Battle
of Marks Mills
- Two amateur enthusiasts of Civil War history, Wayne Beck of Arkansas
and Kenneth Byrd of Indiana, collaborated on this site focusing upon the
Arkansas Civil War soldiers which also contains a short account of the
Red River Campaign and its principal battles in Arkansas, one of which
was the Battle of Marks Mills.
- Newspaper Articles
from Camden Expedition
- A series of contemporary news articles re-published in 1989 by the
Grant County Museum. Unfortunately, little information is provided about
the dates or sources from which the articles came.
- The Red River
- A general overview of the Red River Campaign, of which the Camden Expedition
and the Battle of Marks Mills were a part, that includes the official report
of Confederate General E. Kirby Smith. This material is from a larger site
on the Civil War prepared by Dick Weeks, an amateur enthusiast of Civil