Arkansas History Internet
Butler Center for Arkansas Studies
- The Butler Center is the premier online resource for teachers
of Arkansas history.
- Provides lesson plans, online activities for students, photographs,
and responses to questions.
- Also has a regular newsletter to update teachers and others
about new features of Center.
Arkanas Museum (formerly Arkansas Territorial Restoration)
- Describes the museum's restored houses and exhibits from
Arkansas' frontier days.
Resources describes outreach programs for K-12 teachers,
including regular e-mails about Arkansas history.
3 . Arkansas
History Commission and State Archives
Describes historical records available and when, where, and
how to access the archives.
Facts about the state contains basic information.
Old State House Museum
- Describes history of this first state capitol building of
describes holdings of artifacts in the museum.
describes artifacts currently displayed at the museum.
Programs describes tours and publications especially designed
for K-12 needs.
of the Spirit (African American History in Arkansas)
- Provides excerpts from materials developed for exhibits,
videos, booklets,and classroom guides by humanities scholars
in cooperation with the University of Arkansas at PineBluff and
the Arkansas Humanities Council.
- Publishes a Arkansas Historical Quarterly four times a year
and holds an annual meeting.
- Gives J. H. Atkinson Award for Excellence in the Teaching
of Arkansas History to a K-12 teacher.
- Provides online resources developed for Arkasas History Summer
Institute, including Arkansas History: A Natural for the Classroom
- Publishes Field Notes six times a year, The Arkansas Archeologist
once per year and holds annual meeting.
- Sponsors Training Program each summer that includes archeological
- Cooperates with Arkansas Archeological Survey that has educational
resources for teachers.
Civil War in Arkansas
- Sponsored by the Civil War Round Table of Arkansas with links
to the Civil War Discovery Trail.
- Has a searchable chronological database to find information
about the war in each Arkansas county.
- Describes exhibits at Delta Cultural Center in Helena.
- Examples of blues music of Delta can be heard.
Historic Preservation Program
- Describes the various projects of this state agency that
promotes architectural preservation.
Website for the State of Arkansas
- Provides links to all government agencies and much general
information about the state.
Department of Parks and Tourism
- Describes activities of this state agency, which runs several
and Heritage describes many sites of interest to visitors
interested in history.